Recipe supplied by Adele at Made 2 Measure Catering: telephone 07801 270703.
- 6oz (170g) oatmeal
- 6oz (170g) plain flour
- 8oz (225g) golden syrup
- 3oz (85g) butter or margarine
- 2oz (55g) soft brown sugar
- ½pt (285ml) milk
- 1tsp dried ginger
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (160°C).
- Grease and line a square cake tin.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a pan, melt the butter. Add syrup and milk and warm through.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the liquid and mix together.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake in the oven for ¾-1 hour.
- Cool, cut into slices and serve (optionally you can dust with icing sugar first). Enjoy!