Recipe supplied by Adele at Made 2 Measure Catering: telephone 07801 270703. Makes 6.
- 12 slices of white medium-sliced bread
- 700g (25oz) mixed berries
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 2tbsp blackcurrant cordial
- 1tbsp cassis liquor
- Equipment: 6 mini pudding basins
- Place all fruit into a saucepan. Add the caster sugar and liquid and heat for 8-10 mins.
- Let the fruit cool a bit then get a large bowl and drain in a sieve, separating fruit from juice.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices and stack the bread. Using a round cutter, cut out six bread bases.
- Cut the remaining bread slices in half. Now dip the bread in the fruit juice as you work around lining the basins.
- Pack the fruit into the basins and then add the lids, dipped in juice. Repeat six times, then cover with cling film. Place the pudding basins upside down on a plastic tray or plate and place in the fridge overnight.
- Turn out onto a serving plate, cut an opening so the fruit falls out, dust with icing sugar and decorate with mint leaves and extra fruit. Serve with ice cream. Enjoy!