Recipe supplied by Adele at Made 2 Measure Catering: telephone 07801 270703.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8oz (225g) self-raising flour
- 2oz (55g) unsalted butter
- 4oz (115g) caster sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Small amount of icing sugar
- Handful of pistachio nuts, crushed
- Grease and line a loaf tin. In a large bowl, break up the bananas using a fork. Add the beaten egg and milk, along with the cinnamon. Next, combine the butter and sugar together in a separate bowl and add to the banana mixture. Gradually add the flour until everything is combined in one large bowl.
- Place the mixture in the loaf tin, evenly smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 50 mins at gas mark 5, or 160-170°C/375°F.
- When cool, mix some icing sugar with water to make a thin paste, spread onto the loaf, then sprinkle the pistachio nuts on top for decoration.
- Delicious served as an afternoon tea delicacy: tastes especially yummy spread with butter. Enjoy!